Search found 523 matches

by A Random Player
Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:12 pm
Forum: Electric Shocktopus
Topic: Level Creation Megathread
Replies: 72
Views: 119417

Re: Level Creation Megathread

So I finally managed to finish 0D11. I would like to give it the nickname... (also strategy spoilers) Kerbal 101 Pop quiz! No, seriously. I totally forgot about the Oberth effect when doing the first part. I always jumped, then waited until it was almost too late to charge myself back down. But the ...
by A Random Player
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:45 pm
Forum: Gravity Simulator
Topic: GSim 0.30.02
Replies: 16
Views: 22991

Re: GSim 0.30.02

I recently switched to a 1920x1200 monitor, and noticed that GSim's circles are a bit vertically stretched - physically, one circle I measured was 9.9 cm by 11 cm. I'm not sure if this is an issue with my settings (another circle I measured was correct) or with GSim.
by A Random Player
Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:03 pm
Forum: Electric Shocktopus
Topic: Feel Bad Friday(s)!
Replies: 106
Views: 166354

Re: Feel Bad Friday(s)!

Obviously, spoilers. Drawing arbitrary high-density bitmaps (aka: without using Letter Writer's technique) with missiles coming from infinity is *hard*. In fact, starting from only a 3x5 (or more if needed) filled rectangle, these letters are impossible: Upper: ABDGOPQR Lower: abdegopq r (Hope I did...
by A Random Player
Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:25 pm
Forum: Gravity Simulator
Topic: Suggestions! (new)
Replies: 175
Views: 120151

Re: Suggestions! (new)

AlternateGravity wrote: 2. Make it so that we can fling fixed stars but a fixed star cannot accelerate from a gravitational field.
Have you tried turning on Flingable?

Edit: What, 500th post! (meaningless as it is.)
by A Random Player
Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:14 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Can you solve this riddle?
Replies: 2
Views: 13077

Re: Can you solve this riddle?

Answer (very likely): When Alice sees a string tied in a knot she is able to untie it by simply tugging on the string. It's 4D? (Or, of course, even higher-dimensional.) Additionally, see: The whether on the planet Alice lives on is extremely calm because every point on her planet moves around the c...
by A Random Player
Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 am
Forum: Electric Shocktopus
Topic: Level Creation Megathread
Replies: 72
Views: 119417

Re: Level Creation Megathread

This isn't a level per se... It has to do with some recent TTG-related events but it's probably easier than Letter Writer. (Though I did think Letter Writer was easy...) However, it does have 3 stars and an exit, so you could beat it. Actually, it would probably be pointless to play this for FBF, si...
by A Random Player
Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:50 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Interesting Math
Replies: 2
Views: 12945

Interesting Math

I'm surprised we don't have a thread like this yet. Anyway, what inspired me to post this was this puzzle from the xkcd forums: The game is, the reaper will flip a biased coin. There is a 55% chance of heads, which will double your remaining earthly time, and a 45% chance of tails, which will reduce...
by A Random Player
Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:47 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Bézier Curves
Replies: 4
Views: 14929

Re: Bézier Curves

Hah, try doing one with each point going around the canvas in each corner, one in the upper right, upper left, bottom left, bottom right, and repeat that for a lot of points. The visualization looks really cool. Try a square or pentagon, too! Whoaaa, spinning squares. Relates to geometric sequences...
by A Random Player
Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:43 pm
Forum: Electric Shocktopus
Topic: Feel Bad Friday(s)!
Replies: 106
Views: 166354

Re: Feel Bad Friday(s)!

Hexadecimal... Neal's levels' names are: 466C*, 4A4C, 4348, 4349**, 756C, B4C5, 8D2A. *Bond breaker **Modification of 4348 - may just be related to the numbers But letters in ASCII are only in the range 65-90 (0x41-0x5A) and 97-122 (0x61-0x7A). In fact, usually ASCII doesn't use the chars above 127 ...
by A Random Player
Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:32 pm
Forum: Electric Shocktopus
Topic: Version 0.6
Replies: 8
Views: 16214

Re: Version 0.6

Suggestion: Can you add a move region tool for the editor? When I was making The Ocean, I moved a significant fraction of the level one block to the left (the beach area) twice. I did it essentially like this (pseudocode): for col in [0..12]: for row in [12..24]: level[row, col] = level[row, col+1] ...