Off-Topic Posts

A spot for all things TestTube
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Off-Topic Posts

Post by testtubegames »

A Random Player wrote:Hmm. The last two tweets by andy look weird. It doesn't seem like him (and it's not like he needs, what is it, weight loss products?). He doesn't tweet anything that doesn't have to do with games/science. And it's a duplicate, spaced by ~50 minutes.
Any explanation? A hack, or just something weird?
Haha, so it was true, then! Yeah, my twitter account got hacked it seems. Twitter caught it, which is pretty cool -- I just got an email this afternoon that there was suspicious activity and they locked my account. By the time I reset my password, they'd removed all the offending tweets. Wonder how they got the password. Who'd have guessed VeLoCiTyRAPtorRulzzz? Ah well.

Thanks for posting it here, glad to report it's been caught.
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Was that actually your password? Because that one looks relatively safe...
Unless they used some sort of messed up word dictionary. Or took words from your tweets, which sounds more likely.
Either way, I'd change my password.

Try using https://howsecureismypassword.net/ to see if a password is good or not.

My usual password takes 11 minutes to crack, so that's reassuring. On the other hand, my e-mail one would take about 5 days to crack, so at least I got that.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

robly18 wrote:Was that actually your password? Because that one looks relatively safe...
Unless they used some sort of messed up word dictionary. Or took words from your tweets, which sounds more likely.

Try using https://howsecureismypassword.net/ to see if a password is good or not.

My usual password takes 11 minutes to crack, so that's reassuring. On the other hand, my e-mail one would take about 5 days to crack, so at least I got that.
VeLoCiTyRAPtorRulzzz takes 165 quadrillion years :D

I checked some of my passwords. They ranged from ~14 minutes (randomly generated/purposely insecure) to 27 quintillion (purposely "secure"). My TTG pass takes ~150 years, another site's 7 thousand, my email 2 billion.
A long time ago I told someone to pick a random phrase/password, they pulled one out accessible everywhere on the site it was used for, but supposedly takes a tresvigintillion years to crack.
A purposely very long random phrase from long ago: 204 octillion octogintillion years.

I may be obsessed with password security if 14 minutes is insecure and my email password takes 2 billion years :D
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

robly18 wrote:Was that actually your password? Because that one looks relatively safe...
Haha, nah, I was just kidding with that password. This does make me think...

Step 1: set up website where people can check their 'hard' passwords
Step 2: Harvest them
Step 3: Use these passwords against them

(assuming you can figure out their email address... which I'm sure a hacker could manage in less than 12 quintillion years ;))

Reminds me of the ol' xkcd

Edit: totally not how I'm using these forums... totally...
A Random Player

testtubegames wrote:
Haha, nah, I was just kidding with that password. This does make me think...

Step 1: set up website where people can check their 'hard' passwords
Step 2: Harvest them
Step 3: Use these passwords against them

(assuming you can figure out their email address... which I'm sure a hacker could manage in less than 12 quintillion years ;))

Reminds me of the ol' xkcd

Edit: totally not how I'm using these forums... totally...
Chances are their email address will be stored in a cookie somewhere, just need to find the cookie :D
exfret

Post by exfret »

It's Nyan cat's birthday!
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
exfret

Post by exfret »

What do you call the button in the top left corner of the GSim that gets rid of all the dust? The Dustruction Button.
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:What do you call the button in the top left corner of the GSim that gets rid of all the dust? The Dustruction Button.
:lol:
Good show, sir!
A Random Player

Hehe, the hype train for KSP .24 appears to have exploded upon its release. JEB, MORE STRUTS!

Edit: Also imgur appears to have updated today as well.
robly18

Post by robly18 »

A Random Player wrote:Hehe, the hype train for KSP .24 appears to have exploded upon its release. JEB, MORE STRUTS!

Edit: Also imgur appears to have updated today as well.
Huh, you're right.

As for KSP, haven't been playing that in a while. I've just been playing a bit on a new release, but hopefully that'll change with career.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012