Popping in to say hi!

A spot for all things TestTube
wtg62

Popping in to say hi!

Post by wtg62 »

Hey, how've y'all been doing?
This message has been brought to you by wtg62, duh!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Popping in to say hi!

Post by testtubegames »

Not bad, not bad. The little Max-man is getting bigger and bigger - walking, starting to talk, it's incredible. We've been having a great summer/fall.
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
IMG_4257_small.jpeg
IMG_4257_small.jpeg (100.81 KiB) Viewed 20554 times
In game development news, I've been working on the Gravity Simulator a lot lately, as you've seen. Finally posting it on other websites - which is exciting. We'll see if we can bring any other gravity-crafters into the fold.

The Electric Shocktopus got through Steam Greenlight, so I'll be posting up there soon (launch date TBD). And, to boot, I'm excited to be posting both GSim and TES up on a teacher-facing game website. (Something that's aiming to be kinda like steam for teachers :) )

So lots of nice developments.

Also, if you missed it, I tested out an evolving art Twitter bot, which would (maybe?) generate better and better works of art with each generation. I've stopped doing it due to a lack of interest (it requires voting), but I'm thinking of different ways to drum up an audience for that kind of thing.

----

How about you? What have you been up to?
wtg62

Post by wtg62 »

Firstly, congratulations on getting him to talk!
I am reminded of when my sister first began to talk... great times.

Glad you've hosted your stuff on more sites too. Newgrounds is a great place for this kind of stuff. It's good to see you've gotten lots of comments on there already.

Never even knew about the evolving art bot. I've looked at it just now. Very neat concept.
I'm reminded of how Sony recently got an AI to compose a song.

As for me, I've gotten a job recently and school's started up. Not a fancy, I just repair cell phones and computers for people.
I haven't programmed much recently. I'm hoping to learn to use Unity to make my own games (with more ease, that is).
I've built myself a brand new computer with money I saved over the summer. The proto-planetary disc from G-Sim runs at a smooth frame rate now!

Sorry for the late response, I've just been busy :P
This message has been brought to you by wtg62, duh!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

wtg62 wrote:Firstly, congratulations on getting him to talk!
I am reminded of when my sister first began to talk... great times.
It's pretty amazing -- he's becoming more and more of a 'person' all the time. Finally getting to learn what his voice sounds like, and what he's thinking.

I had to manually build a bezier curve in code recently -- and it was so helpful thinking back to that applet you made on the subject. It surprised me how much that stuck with me!

And thumbs up on trying out Unity. It's not perfect, but it's a really good tool. And basically free, which is hard to beat!