Bond Breaker

A game made with the scientists at the CaSTL research center
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Bond Breaker

Post by testtubegames »

I'm finishing up the game and -- wow, it's changed quite a bit since I last uploaded it here!

Where it stands right now: the features are all in place, and everything major is there. A bunch of levels, lessons, and educational tidbits. I'm still planning on adding more polish (make it shine!) and more sound effects (beep-boop-beep-zap). If you'd like to unlock all the levels, you can jump out to the main menu, and click either of the two logos on the bottom.

Suggestions / Bugs / Gripes / Diatribes welcome.

(You'll find the web-version of the game here, just use the username "forum_goer" and the password "bondbreaker")
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

Can't seem to beat H3 by rocking, made two H2s and put them on the buttons instead. (unless that's what you're supposed to do?)

Little bug, in the lasers intro (The more energy the further out the electron sits) one frame of the animation is offset.
Also the next page is too (violet).

Finished, but that was probably due to prior experience with the levels. Neat!
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

A Random Player wrote:Can't seem to beat H3 by rocking, made two H2s and put them on the buttons instead. (unless that's what you're supposed to do?)

Little bug, in the lasers intro (The more energy the further out the electron sits) one frame of the animation is offset.
Also the next page is too (violet).

Finished, but that was probably due to prior experience with the levels. Neat!
Thanks for the feedback, Random! In H3, I think you did it exactly as I intended. You made me realize that the level text is a bit misleading, though (since you're not able to permanently break the molecules apart... just long enough so the atoms can bond with *other* atoms).

I'll check out that lasers bug, too. I just remade those lessons, so I can imagine there'd be something strange going on.