Need a Hint?

A game made with the scientists at the CaSTL research center
NealCruco

Need a Hint?

Post by NealCruco »

As Andy hasn't set up a thread like this here, and as I need a thread like this here, I decided to make one myself. I hope that's okay, Andy.
The level I'm needing help on is "Free Wisdom". Can anyone give me a hint on what I need to do to beat it?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Need a Hint?

Post by testtubegames »

Hey, a hint thread is a good idea, especially with all the new (hard) levels that have been coming through.

I'm happy to say that I've solved "Free Wisdom" -- I quite enjoyed it. I kept trying to figure out... when should I hit the switch? Do I want to form a molecule? How/when should I activate that laser? Finally, I realized:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Don't. Hit. Anything.
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

testtubegames wrote:Hey, a hint thread is a good idea, especially with all the new (hard) levels that have been coming through.

I'm happy to say that I've solved "Free Wisdom" -- I quite enjoyed it. I kept trying to figure out... when should I hit the switch? Do I want to form a molecule? How/when should I activate that laser? Finally, I realized:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Don't. Hit. Anything.
Designer's notes:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Yeah, I made free wisdom to contradict other puzzles with straightforward goals. Many levels are "How do I get to the star? I see the laser and buttons: button, laser, go through the gate." Then this level goes contrary to all of that - I see a button, press it, go through spikes, stuck. Surely the atom will help me; stuck. The laser will get something out of the way? Stuck. (Also the wisdom itself, resembling Atoms 2, kinda implies the switch.) I like the way you put it in the spoiler.

Messing with it a bit more, I've just managed to beat the level by getting the other atom, throwing it off, hitting the button, and progressing normally (laser optional). Not intentional, but interesting.
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
James Gryphon

Post by James Gryphon »

I'm stuck on "Charge Swap". I've tried spinning and a bunch of other things, including trying to use the repelling force of the stationary O to help split the molecule apart, but it's just too tight. What am I missing?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

To solve "Charge Swap":
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
This level introduces a new mechanic -- where a molecule with too many electrons can give some to a molecule with too few electrons. You start off positive, and the oxygen atom starts off negative. Maybe you can grab its electron?