iOS version crashing

A game made with the scientists at the CaSTL research center
NealCruco

iOS version crashing

Post by NealCruco »

For some reason, the iOS version of Bond Breaker crashes upon startup. It just started today. Did the app get updated or something?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: iOS version crashing

Post by testtubegames »

That's no good! No updates or anything, and no reason I could think that this should have just started happening.

I tried it out on my devices (iPad2 and iPhone5S) and everything works fine. What device/OS version are you on? And if you have any logs or anything, I'm happy to take them - they may shed some light on it.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

testtubegames wrote:That's no good! No updates or anything, and no reason I could think that this should have just started happening.

I tried it out on my devices (iPad2 and iPhone5S) and everything works fine. What device/OS version are you on? And if you have any logs or anything, I'm happy to take them - they may shed some light on it.
iPod Touch 5th generation, iOS 7.0.6. This forum won't let me attach txt files...how should I send you the logs?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Probably the cleanest ways would be to either paste the text of the files into a PM... or just email the files to me (andy, at thiswebsite.com)
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

Ok, I emailed them.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Thanks - got them. I haven't found a solution yet (or even clearly figured out why there's a problem cropping up). In the meantime - I hate to be 'that guy', but I'll suggest making sure that the app is closed (that double click on the home button, make sure BB is not operating), make sure you don't have too many apps running, and restart your device. There's always a chance that makes the problems go away.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

Thanks, but I already tried that.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

Well? Have you found anything yet? I'd love to try reinstalling, but I'd lose all my data, unless the app saves progress to iCloud. Yet I really want to be able to play BB...
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

NC - I haven't found the solution yet, and haven't even been able to reproduce the issue which is weird.

Here's my solution-for-you, though, which will work at least in this individual case:
a) delete and reinstall the app
...your data will be wiped, but...
b) I'll send you the 'super secret cheat code' to unlock all the levels

That second step would at least unlock all the levels in the main game. Since the level editor isn't in the mobile version of the game, hopefully you won't lose any creations or anything. Let me know if this solution won't work for some reason.