Can you make an endless map for Velocity Raptor?

Safer than Professor Rex's office hours
lava

Can you make an endless map for Velocity Raptor?

Post by lava »

The map is too small to travel, I can't enjoy a longer time to move at light speed and than shortly hit the wall, it's an unhappy thing...
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Can you make an endless map for Velocity Raptor?

Post by testtubegames »

Oh, I completely hear ya. When I was building the game (a *much* earlier version of it), it didn't have walls, and things got *so* trippy as I ran close to the speed of light. Really cool.

I don't think it'd work with the current setup (the way things are drawn is a bit more restrictive), but if I find some spare time, I'll see if I can build it.
lava

Post by lava »

I nearly forget this question until today I start this game and find out that the new version has already been released.
It's really an amazing job to "Be free..." :D
Yet_One_More_Idiot

Post by Yet_One_More_Idiot »

I just discovered the new Veloc-t in Space! So cool...

I'm trying to find Professor Rex now (xD) though I doubt I ever will - presumably he's somewhere inside the OBSERVABLE universe? Because if he's beyond it, then there's literally infinite space to search (unlike the merely effectively infinite to all intents and purposes observable universe). xD

But I do wish that we had the ability to move up and down as well as left and right...
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Oh, glad you found/enjoyed it!

I kept things linear so it'd be all simple and (literally) straightforward. Made the rendering really easy (no circles actually there, I can cheat with rectangles), and made sure folks wouldn't get lost in the expanse of space.

That said, it'd be interesting to have a real galaxy-exploration version of this, where you *can* go anywhere. Not sure how to make navigation simple, but... it'd be cool!

Oh, and Prof. Rex *is* indeed in the observable universe. So slightly *less* than infinite space to explore.

As a hint,
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
if you explore, hmm, one of the sides of the moon I think, you find a clue that might take you to an interesting place.