Need a Hint?

Discuss tricky levels, and show off your diabolical creations
NealCruco

Re: Need a Hint?

Post by NealCruco »

Help on 1-31, please? I've been stuck for days.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Utinni5 wrote:Thanks for your help. Now I've made it to 4-20, and would like a hint.
Ooh -- well, since that's the last level at the moment, I'll let you struggle with that one on your own.
NealCruco wrote:Help on 1-31, please? I've been stuck for days.
Okay, on this one, blow up *only* the box right above Higgs.
Utinni5

Post by Utinni5 »

testtubegames wrote:
Utinni5 wrote:Thanks for your help. Now I've made it to 4-20, and would like a hint.
Ooh -- well, since that's the last level at the moment, I'll let you struggle with that one on your own.
NealCruco wrote:Help on 1-31, please? I've been stuck for days.
Okay, on this one, blow up *only* the box right above Higgs.

I understand what you mean. But not to nag, but I've been stumped for almost 2 months. Could you at least give me a hint when the quarks chapter comes out?
Just call me "I.M. Awesome". Ba-dum tsh!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Utinni5 wrote:I understand what you mean. But not to nag, but I've been stumped for almost 2 months. Could you at least give me a hint when the quarks chapter comes out?
I'll do you one better - I can give you a hint now. (2 months is quite long enough to be stuck on a level. I do have a heart in here somewhere.) I played through 4-20 just now, and it is possible in 27 moves (though I managed to get it after a much longer 37 moves).

I don't have a perfect hint, since this level has a lot of steps, but here we go:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
First, you'll need to free the Tau by sliding it to the right. (And you won't want to destroy it in the process.)
Thunderclaw

Post by Thunderclaw »

testtubegames wrote:Well, getting the Tau in there with Higgs certainly isn't easy. Here's another hint:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Move 12 of 27
level4_19.png
Okay I had gotten to here but then got stuck trying to get one of the tau's in in the center column
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Thunderclaw wrote:Okay I had gotten to here but then got stuck trying to get one of the tau's in in the center column
Ah,
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Don't do that. Move that top Tau up one spot instead.
Also --> Welcome to the forums, Thunderclaw. I love the name!
Thunderclaw

Post by Thunderclaw »

testtubegames wrote:
Thunderclaw wrote:Okay I had gotten to here but then got stuck trying to get one of the tau's in in the center column
Ah,
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Don't do that. Move that top Tau up one spot instead.
Thanks piece of cake after seeing that was the right approach

testtubegames wrote:Also --> Welcome to the forums, Thunderclaw. I love the name!
Thank you , now onwards to 20 and I hope you get some quark levels soon , also I noticed that for some reason he flash version was complaining about flash not being up to date, using 32bit version of palemoon (its a fork of firefox) with flash 16 on windows 7 x64
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

Thunderclaw wrote:Thank you , now onwards to 20 and I hope you get some quark levels soon , also I noticed that for some reason he flash version was complaining about flash not being up to date, using 32bit version of palemoon (its a fork of firefox) with flash 16 on windows 7 x64
That problem will be on your end; it's your browser giving the alert. I don't see any way that it could be on Andy's end.
Thunderclaw

Post by Thunderclaw »

NealCruco wrote:
Thunderclaw wrote:Thank you , now onwards to 20 and I hope you get some quark levels soon , also I noticed that for some reason he flash version was complaining about flash not being up to date, using 32bit version of palemoon (its a fork of firefox) with flash 16 on windows 7 x64
That problem will be on your end; it's your browser giving the alert. I don't see any way that it could be on Andy's end.
It seems to be on the 3rd party site i was on when I went right to the SWF its self it worked fine, odd.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Glad you got it! And also glad that the flash bug resolved itself. (Always nice when they do that)