Version 0.3 (Beta!)

An upcoming game about Electricity, Magnetism, and Cephalopods
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Version 0.3 (Beta!)

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:Except v0.3 is the first version I installed. I never installed any earlier versions.
Huh, that's not what I expected to see. Strange. A mystery. Though thankfully not a problematic one (phew - I've had enough of those!)

So in the game, I include a bunch of icons at different resolutions (1024, 512, ..., 16). Depending on where you see the icon, it picks the closest resolution to show you. The biggest version of the icon looks different than the smallest - since I have more real-estate to play with - and the two images you posted are the two different icon designs.

Why your computer would have gone from one to the other, I'm not sure. Maybe you are seeing the icon in a different setting? Or have changed the thumbnail size?
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

The thumbnail size and the setting haven't changed. Up until just before my first post on the topic, I saw the old icon at the size of the new icon. Then it just spontaneously changed. I actually saw it do so.

Do you happen to have a full-size copy of that old icon? I prefer it to the icon I'm seeing now.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Sure, here's a 512px image of that icon. I'll also be tweaking the icon in the next update -- moving the bar for when the 'big' image kicks in. (I agree, the big image looks too cramped on my desktop.)
icon_264.png
icon_264.png (44.38 KiB) Viewed 19975 times
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

Thanks!
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

So, Andy, would you mind giving us an ETA on the next version?
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

testtubegames wrote:Ha, I wish I had that power!
Yeah, we've been through the whole updating automatically thing before - or rather, lack of :P

Here's an issue seemingly related to the "currents don't disappear if level is exited via main menu" bug. Overwriting a level causes the old level's guns to be stuck until a level change/exit, and the currents to be permanently stuck (like the other bug).
Example levels:

Code: Select all

[The Electric Shocktopus-"Test 1"-eNqr1hkFgwSYmOvoGBtRR42J8YgPTmMTLIKGlMHqaqUSJZ3o0bQ6CqgJDC0oVgFUYGgRO5o0RwGVk6YlxSqACgwtY6uV0oAlZ2wtALlpeCA=]

Code: Select all

[The Electric Shocktopus-"Test 2"-eNqr1hkFIwsYGxFUYmKMS8IEiggpHAz+NMEiaEgZrK5WKlHSiR5NRKNgSAFDSyCKHU24o2CoJVwLIIqtVkoDlrqxtQDmC4Ij]
Also one time I was putting down magnetic fields, crates (?), and currents; I clicked play and they disappeared. I found that they had overwritten fields and currents from another level (I think it was 2 levels back?). I had ~30 levels at the time, though most were tests. This has only happened in one session for me.

Oh and I figured out that loading a level resets its stars, which was how I had made some of them disappear before.
NealCruco wrote:So, Andy, would you mind giving us an ETA on the next version?
Out, but we can't get it yet :P : https://twitter.com/TestTubeGames/statu ... 6375862273
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:So, Andy, would you mind giving us an ETA on the next version?
Yup, I just submitted it to Humble. So likely in the next 24 hrs or so -- I'll post here once it's up.
A Random Player wrote:Out, but we can't get it yet :P : https://twitter.com/TestTubeGames/statu ... 6375862273
Ha! Well noticed. I was showing off the game at a pre-PAX East event last week -- version 0.4. I've fixed *many* of the bugs -- though certainly not all. For instance, I hope that the currents/guns bugs you noticed, Random, will be fixed given how I've worked on those systems. But there's the chance they'll still be around.

One reason for the extra delay in posting the new version to Humble: I can only get the game working in 'Development Mode'. Hence the little label you'll see in the lower right-hand corner. There's some bugs with the latest version of Unity (and with some plugins I use)... and unless it's in Development Mode, the game crashes before it even starts. Ah, well. I've submitted a bug report, but it's taking a while for them to get back to me. So, hey, I figure better a Dev Build than nothing!