Version 0.4

An upcoming game about Electricity, Magnetism, and Cephalopods
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Version 0.4

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:Andy, don't forget to add "easier method of setting names in level editor" to the list.
Added
NealCruco wrote:Also, you should, somehow, restrict the player to three stars per level. Otherwise it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with something like this...
Whoa, that's a lotta stars. I do need to add some limits - for performance reasons at the moment. Having hundreds of stars like that lagged a bunch on my computer - no surprise since the game only expects 3... and I'm not going to optimize searches through a set of three objects. That said - I don't want to limit the numbers of stars to 3. Since I could imagine people getting creative... maybe putting 4, 5, or even 6 stars into a level, only three of which are actually reachable. Or some such creative thing.
NealCruco wrote:I think the game really likes complaining about overcrowded vertices.
Boo. Okay, that needs some work.
NealCruco wrote:..something tells me that this crude thing became the secret level that's currently completely broken.
My lips, they are sealed ;)
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

Andy, do you have an ETA on the next version? I see you've made a lot of progress on the bug list, but after two weeks, I start getting impatient.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Fair enough. As you said, I'm working my way down the bug list -- and I'll plan to post whatever I've got on Monday. (Hopefully that'll give me a chance to fix the real major problems like lag and memory leaks).
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

testtubegames wrote:Fair enough. As you said, I'm working my way down the bug list -- and I'll plan to post whatever I've got on Monday. (Hopefully that'll give me a chance to fix the real major problems like lag and memory leaks).
Thanks.