A simple binary system

What did you draw?
Stargate38

Re: A simple binary system

Post by Stargate38 »

I'm using the flash version. I can't get the new version to work. It keeps saying "cannot change to requested monitor resolution", even though I didn't right-click/set full screen. How do I get Unity3D alone to work in a Windows XP VM in VirtualBox anyway? I can't even get the settings window to work (keeps saying plugin crashed), and there isn't a version for Linux yet (it's my primary OS). Please help!
I LOVE your Gravity Simulator! :)
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Stargate38 wrote:I'm using the flash version. I can't get the new version to work. It keeps saying "cannot change to requested monitor resolution", even though I didn't right-click/set full screen. How do I get Unity3D alone to work in a Windows XP VM in VirtualBox anyway? I can't even get the settings window to work (keeps saying plugin crashed), and there isn't a version for Linux yet (it's my primary OS). Please help!
Ah, shoot. Well, that 'Linux' part at least gives me a hint. I poked around and it looks like this is not an unheard of problem -- I've seen a few forum posts where people mention it. Such as here. Seems it isn't an issue in particular with this game, but rather with Unity in general. The only answer I've seen is generally "did you install the VirtualBox guest additions?" (Mind you, I have no idea what that means, but maybe that's what'll fix it for you.)

Unity is aiming to have its web player working for Linux at some point... but we all know how deadlines get pushed into the future!

So if the 'guest additions' tip doesn't help you at all -- our best bet would probably be to get you a Linux build of the simulator. (Downloadable, not in-browser) That would work for sure*

*probably
Stargate38

Post by Stargate38 »

If you want to know (for building the downloadable), I use a Lighthouse 64-bit distro, so make sure you make both 32 and 64-bit versions. I hope 32-bit executables work on 64-bit Linux (they should), given that 32-bit programs (such as Paint Shop Pro X) work on Win 7 64-bit. Make sure you PM me a download link to it when you finish it.
I LOVE your Gravity Simulator! :)