Calling all Suggestions

What did you draw?
A Random Player

Re: Calling all Suggestions

Post by A Random Player »

Suggestion: Show/hide paths for specific object. Eg. when I want to look at the wobbling of my almost binary star system, watch my moon from the sun without the earth's trail, or watch only one planet of my fractal universe. Or maybe just a disable trail drawing for certain objects.

Also is there a full list somewhere of the to-do, to avoid resuggesting too much?
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
exfret

Post by exfret »

A Random Player wrote:Suggestion: Show/hide paths for specific object. Eg. when I want to look at the wobbling of my almost binary star system, watch my moon from the sun without the earth's trail, or watch only one planet of my fractal universe. Or maybe just a disable trail drawing for certain objects.

Also is there a full list somewhere of the to-do, to avoid resuggesting too much?
I've been thinking about that, but it isn't that big of a problem. Resuggesting is even a good thing, as repeated asking for a feature shows that it's popular, and it also resurfaces features lost deep in the suggestions thread or even elsewhere. If you or some else does decide to make such a list of features, I think something like this would be best its own thread so that it isn't lost among the posts of this thread. It would be a good thing to try to organize them by how high their priority is on the to-do list. I know everyone's opinion of what should be highest or lowest differs, but we should all have the same rough idea of what would be higher than something else. (e.g. Panning/zooming would be higher than adding in tides).
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:I've been thinking about that, but it isn't that big of a problem.... If you or some else does decide to make such a list of features, I think something like this would be best its own thread so that it isn't lost among the posts of this thread.
Agree with both of you here. This thread has gotten awesomely long. But also impossible for anyone (myself included) to remember all the suggestions off the top of my head. When I get a moment, I'll pull together the list of suggestions. Then sticky it.
wtg62

Re: A few small suggestions

Post by wtg62 »

testtubegames wrote:Whoa, I have my head buried in TES for a couple days, and I emerge to some awesome posts over here! Okay, let's see...
Hello wtg62! Welcome to the forums, and thanks for taking the time to stop by with some suggestions!
Thank you very much for your welcoming!
testtubegames wrote: Color picker: yes, love the idea. I'll have to play around with combining the 'easy' way of doing it (picking one of a handful of color swatches), and the 'hard' way (rgb picker). But yeah, these 8 colors are more of a proof-of-concept.
What kinda picker model are you planning to do?
Just 3 bars, one red, one green, and one blue?
Or are you doing the square shaped model with a slider for hue?
testtubegames wrote: Then, of course, we get to the interesting discussion of zooming and panning! First up, it's definitely coming to the Unity version, I just need a day or two where I can sit down and hammer it out. It's straightforward, but really easy to get the math mixed up... so I've been holding off doing it until I can actually focus.
Sweet! Soon I'll be able to build larger solar systems and drawings!
This message has been brought to you by wtg62, duh!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: A few small suggestions

Post by testtubegames »

wtg62 wrote:What kinda picker model are you planning to do?
Just 3 bars, one red, one green, and one blue?
Or are you doing the square shaped model with a slider for hue?

Sweet! Soon I'll be able to build larger solar systems and drawings!
I'm not sure about the color picker yet. I think the easiest thing would be one of those spreads, where you pick a spot on a big gradients of colors. There's gotta be a plugin in Unity for that kinda thing, in fact.

And the zooming and panning now work! So you can play around with them in the latest version (GS 0.2)

Final note -- this thread has been amazing while it lasted. But now that I'm really underway with the new simulator, I think it's time to switch to a new topic a bit more suited to an in-development simulator. I'm collecting all the gems of ideas from this thread, and will post them in list-form in the new thread. Get everything together so we can be a bit more focused.