Suggestions! (new)

What did you draw?
NealCruco

Re: Suggestions! (new)

Post by NealCruco »

I would really like the ability to load a code without unpausing the game. I'd like to view/modify my systems before starting the clock.
exfret

Post by exfret »

Could you also add the option to make a speed law? The speed law would calculate the velocities on each planet and move them accordingly instead of accelerating them accordingly. This would be nice for exploring different functions (it's a bit easier to see differences in speed than in acceleration).
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

exfret wrote:Could you also add the option to make a speed law? The speed law would calculate the velocities on each planet and move them accordingly instead of accelerating them accordingly. This would be nice for exploring different functions (it's a bit easier to see differences in speed than in acceleration).
Or maybe a potential law, so certain things can be easier (can't think of one right now).
Edit: Potential could mean easier wave'd functions, like sin(r)/r instead of (r*cos(r)-sin(r))/r^2.
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:I would really like the ability to load a code without unpausing the game. I'd like to view/modify my systems before starting the clock.
Easy, can do! I'll make it so that if the game is paused when you open the save/load menu, it'll remain paused when you close it. (With maybe a little tip that pops up reminding people the sim is paused, so people don't get confused/frustrated/think the code is broken.)
A Random Player wrote:
exfret wrote:Could you also add the option to make a speed law? The speed law would calculate the velocities on each planet and move them accordingly instead of accelerating them accordingly. This would be nice for exploring different functions (it's a bit easier to see differences in speed than in acceleration).
Or maybe a potential law, so certain things can be easier (can't think of one right now).
Edit: Potential could mean easier wave'd functions, like sin(r)/r instead of (r*cos(r)-sin(r))/r^2.
Yeah, I like that idea of setting the potential. Maybe also including a plot of the function you put in? Could be helpful to understand what's going on. Exfret, that would also allow you to kind of set the speed of the objects (or rather, square of the speed), since the function for potential energy determines 'what's left' for kinetic energy.
exfret

Post by exfret »

So, then I'd just have to do a square root to get it to speed? Or, is there more to it? I still don't understand how the potential thing works...

Edit: Could you also add line masses, e.g., it counts the distance from the line and applies gravity accordingly? And circular masses, and rectangular, and parabolic, and... Oh, sorry.
wtg62

Post by wtg62 »

For the web version,
Grid snapping really shouldn't be download only.
Dust and time control should be, though.
This message has been brought to you by wtg62, duh!
exfret

Post by exfret »

Grid snapping- eh, seems like something that's okay to not be in web version.
Dust- totally full version
Time control- eh, seems like basic time control should be in web version.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

I agree with exfret. There needs to be a good reason to spend money on the downloadable version. Maybe time control could be limited to x1 and x2, for both t and -t. Give people a taste of the cool features in the paid version.
exfret

Post by exfret »

I think you need to update the list. Looking at it, I'm a little surprised how far we've gone and how little we've left to go...
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:I think you need to update the list. Looking at it, I'm a little surprised how far we've gone and how little we've left to go...
I know, right? The 'done' list dwarfs the 'to do' list. Yay!

And you're right, once I get this latest update *actually out on Humble*, I'll go through and update the list. Any earlier and I'd feel like I was getting ahead of myself.