Suggestions! (new)

What did you draw?
wtg62

Re: Suggestions! (new)

Post by wtg62 »

Oh, got another suggestion.

Maybe make it so if something is selected (instead of detecting closest object), attempt to circularize around the selected object instead?
This message has been brought to you by wtg62, duh!
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

wtg62 wrote:Oh, got another suggestion.

Maybe make it so if something is selected (instead of detecting closest object), attempt to circularize around the selected object instead?
I think it already does that.
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
wtg62

Post by wtg62 »

It used to do that.

Hmm... speaking of which... maybe try to get the game to circularize around all the objects?
(Just act like there's just an object with the total mass all the selected objects has, which is at the CoM of the selected objects, perhaps?)
This message has been brought to you by wtg62, duh!
A Random Player

wtg62 wrote:It used to do that.

Hmm... speaking of which... maybe try to get the game to circularize around all the objects?
(Just act like there's just an object with the total mass all the selected objects has, which is at the CoM of the selected objects, perhaps?)
But then I wouldn't be able to make a rotationally symmetrical two-planets-on-opposite-sides-of-a-star with c!
There should be a way to select all though, since you can already orbit around groups wait no you can't. I thought you could. Add that!
Stargate38

Post by Stargate38 »

Can you please unblock the save codes for the examples? I keep seeing "haha, nope", especially on the accretion disk (the planet version), and I want to be able to save the code, not "haha, nope"! Why did you hide the code in the first place? :?:
I LOVE your Gravity Simulator! :)
A Random Player

Stargate38 wrote:Can you please unblock the save codes for the examples? I keep seeing "haha, nope", especially on the accretion disk (the planet version), and I want to be able to save the code, not "haha, nope"! Why did you hide the code in the first place? :?:
It would be ridiculously long and laggy.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

A Random Player wrote:
wtg62 wrote:Oh, got another suggestion.

I think it already does that.
Hmm... it should do that, but may have broken in the latest version somehow? I'll look into it. Also: yes to orbiting groups of planets (if you've selected them).

Heading to an earlier post, wtg, I like those ideas for additions to the planet editor. Settable line colors were a thing I planned to do, then swept under the rug. I can bring it back. And I like the idea, too, of shutting off orbits for certain objects.

Color picker? No news yet. I'm deep in a remake of the GUI system right now, which should be a huge improvement. But, yeah, spending my time getting everything to work again. Once I get that, I'll add the color-picker as a special popup. So, it's on my radar.
Stargate38

Post by Stargate38 »

I have an idea: Imaginary Gravity. Here's how it works:

If the gravity law you're using, such as (r-1)^r or (-r)^(r) has a non-zero imaginary part, make the imaginary gravity go at a right angle to the real gravity, instead of having it undefined. Here's what I mean:

If real gravity points this way: ↔
Than imaginary gravity points this way: ↕

This will be useful, especially for upcoming functions like asin, acos, ln, log, acosh, and atanh. Also, you could add imaginary number support to the gravity laws, allowing for equations such as r^-2+(1i/r^3)*cos(10*r), or acos(10*r)*cos(10*r), which is imaginary for r>1. This would be like tidal forces in a way because planets and asteroids would be accelerated either clockwise or counterclockwise, depending on the distance from each other.
I LOVE your Gravity Simulator! :)
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Stargate38 wrote:I have an idea: Imaginary Gravity.
Oh my. Energy would no longer be conserved! Are you insane?!

Regardless of your sanity, I quite like that idea. It'd have to be a toggle-able option (off by default), since I could imagine (heh) people accidentally making functions that have imaginary values... then getting confused when *really* strange things happen.

But, aside from the coolness factor of imaginary numbers, this would be a very easy way to add in tangential forces (in addition to the radial forces we have now).
robly18

Post by robly18 »

That actually sounds like a good idea. However, I feel like it doesn't have much in terms of basis in physics.

But hey, it's optional anyway!
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012