Priorities

What did you draw?
A Random Player

Re: Priorities

Post by A Random Player »

I don't particularly care about saving txts, since I don't find it much of a hassle to copy-paste. I use windowed mode, though. If we add saving to txt, keep the old input as well.
Maybe we could have saves like in VR, to easily group similar saves. Or save-groups as txts, which can hold multiple save codes.

(that was robly's 404th post)
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

I basically agree with all of this. My vision for saved-stuff...

Phase 1 - In-Game: You get slots like VR or Shocktopus, where you save and load at will. There's a little icon connected with each, too, so you can see roughly what it is. You have practically an infinite number of slots.

Phase 2 - Txt-as-well: You can export and import saved games. I'll need to work out the details of what's possible, but ideally you'd select one (or a group) of saved states, and export them to a file location of your choosing. You could load in states the same way. Of course, you could always just copy-and-paste, but for power-users like yourselves, this could be a bit more practical. (i.e. Random sends along 15 cool levels all together in one file, then you load them all and peruse at will, able to revisit them easily and in any order)
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

Sounds good. I assume Phase 1 will be in the next GSim version?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:Sounds good. I assume Phase 1 will be in the next GSim version?
That's right! And sorry for the delay... Bond Breaker has been pretty all-consuming.
exfret

Post by exfret »

What about inserting comments at certain points in time?
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
robly18

Post by robly18 »

exfret wrote:What about inserting comments at certain points in time?
I think that would be easy enough, provided Andy added some sort of textbox class.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

robly18 wrote:
exfret wrote:What about inserting comments at certain points in time?
I think that would be easy enough, provided Andy added some sort of textbox class.
Or you could, you know, write the comments in fixed stars. Dust would allow for more precision, but it's more unstable. (I'm in a weird place between serious and joking right now...)
Attachments
And this is why.
And this is why.
15.png (97.29 KiB) Viewed 20176 times
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Haha, I like the simplicity of that, Neal. You could even write your messages in mass=0 stars, and it wouldn't affect the world at all.

I do like the idea of adding comments. I'll have to figure out the best way to make that not look cluttered. As in -- should it pop up in a box at some specific x-y location? That'd be better than just having the text pop up on the bottom of the screen, say, since you'd be able to reference certain specific items. If so, it'll have to scale with zooming, too. Hmm... food for thought. This is another one that might come in steps.
exfret

Post by exfret »

NealCruco wrote:(I'm in a weird place between serious and joking right now...)
I've been there all the time...
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):