Bugs

What did you draw?
exfret

Bugs

Post by exfret »

I didn't know which thread this should go in, so I'll just start a new one. Also, I'm using GSim V29.01 cuz that's the only one I can get right now. Anyways:
-Dust can be placed outside the 'boundaries' when f(r)=r^really high number. The boundaries are the areas at which the force of gravity just booms. The dust can be placed there, and it won't feel any gravity from the star somehow...
-I typed in r^123455678910, GSim simplified it to r^1.234568E+10. I click on the input box and press enter, and GSim decided to simplify it again, this time to r^0+10.
I'll post more if I find anything else.

More:
-Not really a bug, but when I try to select something, I quickly slide my mouse to it, but GSim wants your mouse to be stationary when you click something, so it would be nice if you could accept a moving mouse.
-Also not really a bug, but sounds for the buttons would be nice
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Bugs

Post by testtubegames »

Bug reporting thread -- hurrah!

-Dust issue, yeah that's a problem. Must happen since if a force calculation gets too huge (like if it is infinity, as far as the computer is concerned), then the force law will default to zero. But it should destroy the object... I'll see what that's not happening.

-That first one was a really big number, and so the first simplification makes some sense. Though the second one clearly doesn't. I'll try to make the sim accept E-notation more nicely.

-Not sure how to fix the moving mouse thing. I'll see if there are any settings I can tweak.

-Sound would be good. I do love nice sfx.
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

Code: Select all

Fatal error in gc
Too many heap sections
Left GSim running for a while (1 moving star, 2 planets, 1 asteroid) with infinite trails. Trying to disable trails led to the error. Then my entire tab froze. (Note: I was messing with the online version, so this isn't in the download version.)
Of course, trails are rather buggy, but still.

Wait wait before I submit: Another bug: Changing screen resolution while the sim is running causes it to use the wrong resolution (the position of the mouse is compared to the old resolution, so a 800x600 screen changing to a 1152x900 for example causes the sim to think a cursor at (100,200) is actually at (144, 300). (At least, that's what appears to happen.)) I mean, this would rarely ever come up, but it is technically a bug...
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
exfret

Post by exfret »

When you click on potential force law, even if you don't change anything, it deletes anything you inputted into force law. I think there should just be a selection box for whether to use the potential or the force law and keep whatever you typed into either box so you don't have to retype it.
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

A Random Player wrote:

Code: Select all

Fatal error in gc
Too many heap sections
Wait wait before I submit: Another bug: Changing screen resolution while the sim is running causes it to use the wrong resolution...
Whoa - little delayed response here, sorry! I've been encountering a similar fatal error as I've been trying to make the WebGL port of the game. I need to add in some better garbage collection it seems... and prevent the number of objects (instantiated classes and such) from getting quite so high.

Resolution bug: added to list.
exfret wrote:When you click on potential force law, even if you don't change anything, it deletes anything you inputted into force law. I think there should just be a selection box for whether to use the potential or the force law and keep whatever you typed into either box so you don't have to retype it.
Yes, that does seem annoying to have the box auto-cleared. I like your solution. Wow... problem *and* solution, all in one post? What next? Code that debugs itself? #developerdreams