Issues on MAC OS

What did you draw?
ngc7013

Issues on MAC OS

Post by ngc7013 »

I have spent several days with GSim on the Mac and have found some issues (which do not appear on the PC / windows):

For MAC OS 10.x MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
1. The mouse does not point accurately. I have to point above the icons to activate them. This should be corrected as the pointing error is large
2. Initially all functions - zoom, dragging of objects, work. However after labelling for example a star and then choosing a planet, a click will not release the planet anymore as before. Also zooming does not work any longer. The only way I found to resolve this issue is to quit the software and then start it again, which makes work or binding models very difficult.

It seems to me as if the Mac version needs refinement, unless I am missing something.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Issues on MAC OS

Post by testtubegames »

Thanks for your message, and sorry to hear you're running into these problems!
(I realize I just sent you an email in response to a previous message, but looks like you've tracked down a couple new bugs here)

I use a Mac and am not encountering these problems (if only it were that easy to reproduce bugs...), so here's a couple questions for you.

1. Is this mouse problem just with the buttons/icons? Or does it affect where planets are place, as well? Does it happen in both fullscreen and windowed mode?
2. For this one, it sounds like the error log would be really helpful to track it down. I sent along instructions for how to find that in my previous email.

Thanks for passing these along - hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of it quickly!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Tracked down that second bug you listed, where you couldn't zoom or add planets - fixed in the latest update (0.32.05).
Iodyne

Post by Iodyne »

Hi,
Great game! Just purchased and downloaded after playing the online demo for a week nonstop after discovering it! I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug or something different from the demo, or if it is if it's mac exclusive, but it seems that whenever I have trails on the icons for the bodies are invisible. It's plenty playable, just jarring is all. Anyway, thank you!