V3.0.1 not working on a Win 10 machine

What did you draw?
CarloFiorentini

V3.0.1 not working on a Win 10 machine

Post by CarloFiorentini »

I just bought the full version and I installed it by just unzipping the archive provided.

The app starts but when I try the build option I am unable to create any objects (the bar at top right corner has a + sign that seem to do nothing)
If I try to "Load from code", the Save/Load window pops up but if I press "Load" (with code in the window), nothing happens.

My experience is limited to the free web version which works just fine

Am I doing something wrong?

Carlo
Tubereuse

Re: V3.0.1 not working on a Win 10 machine

Post by Tubereuse »

I exactly have the same problem on Mac.

Any solution? Update?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Yikes, let me take a look!

edit: Alright, this is a new bug for windows - but there is possibly an easy solution for mac. If you don't move the program out of the 'downloads' folder, you'll get a problem just like this. (It has to do with security settings on macs). It *may* be similar now on Windows, though I hadn't encountered that before. I'll test on my windows device later today.
Tubereuse

Post by Tubereuse »

[quote=testtubegames post_id=3949 time=1587996541 user_id=2]
Yikes, let me take a look!

edit: Alright, this is a new bug for windows - but there is possibly an easy solution for mac. If you don't move the program out of the 'downloads' folder, you'll get a problem just like this. (It has to do with security settings on macs). It *may* be similar now on Windows, though I hadn't encountered that before. I'll test on my windows device later today.
[/quote]

Thank you for your feedback, I thought you had left the forum. :D

I tried to let the program in its folder, but it didn't work. Also I think it's not the only glitch, when I try to activate the grid lines, nothing appears on the screen.

Here is a screenshot:

[img]https://imgur.com/a/zJTQnRP[/img]
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Alright, I *think* what is happening in both of the above cases is a permissions error with writing files onto the disk. (That's how the simulator saves all the creations you made, in a file tree). Often caused by being in the downloads folder, but apparently it can have other causes too, as you've encountered.

As a fix, I changed the location of where that all is saved, so that the computer *should* allow it now. If not, we'll keep exploring.

On a promising note, I was even able to run the simulator from the downloads folder in this way, so that solves a long running issue. Fingers crossed it can fix both the Mac *and* Windows problems above.

I just updated the sim to version 3.0.2 - which you can grab from Humble using your original download links.
Tubereuse

Post by Tubereuse »

I just downloaded the last version. It perfectly works! :D

Thank you very much for the patch. ;)