The List

There are fun science games out there. Right?
A Random Player

Re: The List

Post by A Random Player »

exfret wrote:I got 5 and a bronze medal on flappy. Ha! Beat that!
Flappy as in the bird? Or space program? My best is 22 on flappy bird.. But only 6 on the aforementioned space program.
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
exfret

Post by exfret »

A Random Player wrote:
exfret wrote:I got 5 and a bronze medal on flappy. Ha! Beat that!
Flappy as in the bird? Or space program? My best is 22 on flappy bird.. But only 6 on the aforementioned space program.
Space program. I can get 12 on the original. (I didn't try for very long before I deleted the app knowing what it might do to me). Now I feel like I have to beat you so bad. Why did you do this to me?!!!
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
robly18

Post by robly18 »

I don't remember my max on the original. I only play it once in a while during recess on my friends' phones. Not very often though. I vaguely remember making it to 14 once, but I can't be sure.
As for space program, my max is 4.

ARP, I will beat you.

EDIT: I lost it all.
I had you, and then...
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
A Random Player

Hehe, I just got 8 today :D
Try grouping them into three groups: LFO (low flappy orbit), MFO (middle flappy orbit), and HFO (high flappy orbit). Middle is the easiest to get to, but it's worth it trying to get several flappies in HFO since they move slower. Eccentric orbits aren't that good, try circularizing them at apoflapsis.
A Random Player

I've found an interesting game about biology:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/cellcraft/cellcraft
Basically you are a cell and can do stuff (move around with pseudopods, mitochondria, make amino acids, fight off viruses that commandeer your ribosomes, etc). My computer is slow, so I can't get past the first few levels, but it looks realistic - Without a mitochondrion, a glucose molecule is converted to 2 ATP (Glycolysis I think), but with one one glucose makes 38 ATP, for example.
exfret

Post by exfret »

Too bad, I played through it and it was great. A good ending, too.
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
robly18

Post by robly18 »

exfret wrote:Too bad, I played through it and it was great. A good ending, too.
I played it a few years ago. It's pretty neat.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Yeah, that's a great example of a science game that tries to be fun. Lot o' text for my taste -- but maybe that's just 'cause I'm a physics guy.

Also, I am upset that there are platypuses in the game. A game about science should *not* have randomly thrown in cute mascots. Never, never, never. :?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Okay, just came across this one...

Someone introduced me a particle physics themed 2048 clone a couple weeks back. I was disappointed, since the addition rules didn't seem to have anything to do with physics at all... they just replaced numbers with particles. (electron + electron = electron neutrino.... riiiiight) Not even increasing by mass or anything.

Well, today I heard about one that gets it right! (Or at least tries to, I'm not a nuclear fusion expert)

Fe[26]

You're trying to form hydrogen (like in stars) into iron. And the addition rules have to do with how nature really works. Nucleii decay into others, some are dead-ends... you can add them in various ways. Much more complex. But, I'm delighted to say, still fun. Maybe different fun than with 2048 -- since you do need to consult the rule-list pretty frequently. But all in all, quite rad. And I learned a thing or two.

Do you have what it takes to make iron?
robly18

Post by robly18 »

testtubegames wrote:-snip-
I was disappointed that magnesium just sat there doing nothing :(
Oh well, it's a fun game either way.