LogicFactory - Testers needed!

There are fun science games out there. Right?
robly18

Re: LogicFactory - Testers needed!

Post by robly18 »

Exfret, you'll be happy to know I fixed the bug with (what used to be) level 19.

I'll be honest with you, I have no idea what caused it. It's one of those bugs where you put in some debugging print statements to see where stuff goes wrong, and suddenly the bug is fixed.

As a side note, working on more levels and tweaks, should have a new version up later today.

If I fail to finish it by then, feel free to scold me.

I need to stop procrastinating.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Alright, updated. Not that many changes.
First and foremost, I did the whole change to the speedup and such.
Secondly, I removed a redundant level (could only find one worth removing) and added a whole bunch, getting the total up to 22 (the same as the number of buttons on the level screen!)

Anyway, hope you enjoy these few levels. They took more to design than they should have, though to blame are partly my horrible coding skills and spaghetti code and making it difficult to add a new type of output, but well, it could be worse. Anyway, it's a few more levels: The first one of them is 19, but you will be glad to know that I fixed the bug in the old level 19, now 18. Let me know what you think.
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Aight, updated, again. This was a quite small one, however. Just added... Either one or two levels. Either way, I added the last, last one. Hard as nails, if I may say so: took me, the creator of the game and the level, 15 minutes to find a solution. Yeah.

Anyway, this marks the end of Alpha. From now on, I'm making them Beta, and will be working on things like making the game prettier, adding a credits screen (Special thanks: the folks at testtubegames.com) and just things like making it so that, when you finish the last level, it gives you a nice "Congratulations!" screen instead of just resetting the level.

Alright, the link should be in the OP.
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

Psst.. any zip files for us non-rar people?
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Right. I was working on uploading a new version anyway. I'll try to get zip on my computer.

EDIT: Just found this. Might come in helpful for you someday.

http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/arc ... o-ZIP.html
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Aight, there. Beta2 uploaded. Should be pretty much a finished product. Not a good one, but a finished one nonetheless.

So yeah. Feel free to give it a try!
exfret

Post by exfret »

I'll give it a look later today.
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Oh, if you're to do that, let me get the new version up then.

I made a couple of key changes. First and foremost, finally got around to decreasing the number of times needed. I've had to do this for a while, not sure why I hadn't done it until now.

I've also changed the green hue back to what it was. I found that having it be how it was was even more confusing. People can figure out how to click the fast forward button, but if the output gets greener and greener and then stops getting greener, the player will be confused. Having it get constantly greener is, I've found, a better way of telling the player "you're doing it right".
exfret

Post by exfret »

Finally got around to testing it. Here are my suggestions:
-The menu button still doesn't redirect to the level select
-The buttons don't have any visual clues for when you clicked on them (I guess this isn't that important)
-It would be nice to have a previous/next level button
-Aren't levels nineteen and twenty the exact same?
-The mechanic starting at level 19 confuses me...
Otherwise, good job! I'm gonna try to design my own level to challenge you now. (I would do the new levels after level 19, but I'm not exactly sure how that mechanic works out).
-Also: Showing which way toggled-off arrows point

Okay, I created a level akin to ARP's "annoyance" level in Agent Higgs. Just paste it on top of level one:

Code: Select all

_m<vqqqqqqq<
_t^t>>>>>>v_
_t^t^vqqq<v_
_t^t^t>>vtv_
_t^t^t^avtv_
_t^t^t^1vtv_
_t^t^t^tvtv_
_t^t^>r^vtv_
_t^t^<<<<tv_
_t^>rrrrr^v_
_t^<<<<<<<<_
_>rrrrrrrrr^0a
Really long level...
By the way, I calculated how long it would take, and figured out that the time required to complete the level is over an order of magnitude greater than the time that has passed between now and the emergence of the earliest hominids (two-legged creatures that were early humans), and I still skipped over the first column and couldn't use the last because it would require left-facing flips-flops (which cannot be created using the 'level editor'). Without these setbacks, you wouldn't even be able to complete my level within the time the Universe has existed, even if my computer ran twice as fast and could survive the blaring heat immediately following the Big Bang! Ha! Beat that ARP!!! ;)

PS: Betchy'all g64 (Graham's number) awesome points that none of you can beat my level, even though it's actually possible!

Edit: Just beat ARP's Annoyance level for good measure. I also completed 19683's level, "Electric," in 3 moves under perfect (from 21 to 18).
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:By the way, I calculated how long it would take, and figured out that the time required to complete the level is over an order of magnitude greater than the time that has passed between now and the emergence of the earliest hominids (two-legged creatures that were early humans), and I still skipped over the first column and couldn't use the last because it would require left-facing flips-flops (which cannot be created using the 'level editor'). Without these setbacks, you wouldn't even be able to complete my level within the time the Universe has existed, even if my computer ran twice as fast and could survive the blaring heat immediately following the Big Bang! Ha! Beat that ARP!!! ;)
Wow. That was beautiful. Deserves a mic-drop.