Cool Science Websites

There are fun science games out there. Right?
exfret

William.hoza gravity

Post by exfret »

A Random Player wrote:http://william.hoza.us/. Not all are science, but a few of them are really cool. (Going to post some in the centrifugal game thread.)
I really like how their gravity simulator gives you a goal. I think a goal could greatly increase the addictivity of the TTG grav. sim. Maybe something like they did, or maybe more like challenges you could accomplish. That also reminds me of rockets. You know, it would probably be extremely cool if you could incorporate a "story mode" into gravity simulator where maybe you need to make some planets to live or you need to add planets to steer a broken rocket to a repair base. What do y'all think of this? In my opinion, grav. sim. is greatly intriguing, but it needs to lead people to the configurations they could try out (I was at first and still am baffled at what experiments I could conduct). Otherwise, people may not find the hidden wonders behind gravity, so you need to help show these wonders to them. (I'm going to post this in a new thread in gravity simulator, too. If you want to continue the gravity discussion, posting there would be better than here.)

Edit: I zoomed in a lot to the mandelbrot. Here's the url for the part I zoomed in just, just 'cuz it's easier than saving it in some text document and just in case any of you want to zoom in any more:
http://william.hoza.us/mandelbrot/#x=-0 ... 2429536481
BTW: At this zoomed in level, it takes my computer on 4 threads ~2,000 iterations to reach a level of detail that's something besides pure blackness (this takes my computer about 20 seconds), so if you decide to load it up, you can be patient, or just zoom out a little bit so it doesn't take so many iterations.
Also, here are some inputs for the space cylinder physics that make the ball just keep on going around and around:
Angular Velocity: 22
Impulse Magnitude: 4.400000000000032
Impulse Angle: 1.5607863267948965
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Cool Science Websites

Post by testtubegames »

A Random Player wrote:http://william.hoza.us/. Not all are science, but a few of them are really cool. (Going to post some in the centrifugal game thread.)
That's a great collection of fun toys!
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

I found this simple explanation of the purpose for LQG and ST: :D
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Huh, quite interesting. Just goes to show, reddit is amazing.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

This was mentioned on the Kerbal sub: Fluid Dynamics Simulation by Dan Schroeder (at Weber State Uni).
Remember your von Kármán vortex streets? Remember how airplanes generate lift (NOT Bernoulli)? Interactions of vortices? You can mess around with this sim.
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

That is an incredible little sim. Does exactly what you'd want it... "I wish I could drag the fluid... ooh, I can!" Thanks for sharing!